View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 04:25 PM   #1168
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumatt View Post
Ugh, that stinks. It makes sense that it would be related to the accident.

I wonder if it's a seal that's not right, or if the trunk frame is bent so it no longer aligns?
The seals look OK. They were just wet on the inside portion of them after the carwash (along with some wet spots on the trunk floor carpet)...

Question for you and JST… How hard do you have to push the trunk closed to get it to latch? (First World Problem == I really got used to the powered hatch on the S…)

I noticed that I have to close it fairly hard to get it to latch. Softer closes = no latching. Soft does not mean gently setting it down so it purposely doesn't latch, just closing it with "normal" force (where it should latch)...

I'm thinking that the trunk needs to be adjusted so that its tighter against the seal. If so, that would fix the leaking and may fix the latching…

One of the other adjustments they need to do is align the rear driver's-side door -- the bottom sticks out beyond the front door by a good 3-4mm. Hard to notice until you look close. They said they can adjust it -- I'm guessing the trunk has similar adjustments on the hinge...

Last edited by ZBB; 03-09-2019 at 09:23 PM.
ZBB is offline   Reply With Quote