Thread: What now?
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 01:06 PM   #139
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
No one on those forums says they've done it. I just posted that doing so would provide opportunity to confirm or disprove a few things that could narrow things down or identify the issue.

Kinda expecting heads to explode at the suggestion. Going to try waiting until I get home before checking back in.
That was funny. They've all decided that the problem is venting, proved by the fact people can dispense several gallons from a pump after the auto shut off. The fact that doing so in the way people are doing it can result in fuel dispensed being returned to gas station's tanks through the vapor recovery system is not something any of them are willing to acknowledge.

Apparently, I am "unbelievable" for wanting to establish facts rather than blindly go with speculation. I posted something about living in a world where speculation trumps fact being unbelievable, yet here we are and that drew this response:
Quote:
Determining the facts is becoming harder to do, in part, because social media sites like this often blur the lines. Sometimes speculation based on our gut is all we have to trust.
Then they all decided to file complaints withe NHTSA. Meanwhile, people are also posting that when they fill up, the needle on their gauge points to "F" so the obviously have full tanks and others saying that only being able to fill a 14.5 gallon tank to 12 gallons is the way it's supposed to work since there's also a 2.5 reserve tank (which there is not).

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote