View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 12:02 AM   #353
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBB View Post
I placed an order for a Model 3 this evening. Dual Motor, Red, black interior, 19”wheels.

Delivery window is October to December... Full tax credit avail throUgh Dec deliveries, so I should still get it.

The Model S turned 91.5k miles this week, and I had planned to sell it before 100k all along. I held off on the order for a bit for non-car reasons, but decided to go ahead this weekend.

A guy who works for me took delivery of his Model 3 last week, and he gave me a ride on Friday. I’d still prefer a tan interior, but I can live with the black for a few years.
Cool! Interesting point about the tax credit expiring in December. I've now seen enough Model 3s on the road to the point that the design has grown on me. One sticking point (no pun), I have has to do with the so-called "vegan leather" on the seats. From what I can tell, it's similar to BMW's sensatec, MB TEx, VW's leatherette, etc. I find that type of plastic-based upholstery to get hot/sweaty on long trips even when it's not that hot. Is it, in fact, the same stuff that these other manufacturer's use? Curious if you've tried it out.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote