View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 02:33 PM   #255
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
It technically completed all of its runs, plus 8 runs on a practice course that was set up before the real competition happened. That alone is a huge win.

It developed an electrical problem during competition that I tried to diagnose the entire weekend but was unsuccessful.... until competition was over. One of my friends poked at a connector and it came apart, because it wasn't latched. That connector carries power to the fuel injectors, so that explained the bad running.

I finished dead last in the pro out of five drivers, but I wasn't hugely far behind, especially considering how badly the car ran. I finished second at the tour out of 7 drivers. that's good for a tire (About $420) and $150 from Mazda, plus $75 from Hawk brakes.

The car was a rocket on the practice course when it was running correctly.

There were a lot of good things about this weekend. I know the car needs a lot more spring rate as it was way too soft for the grip. I also got the anti-lag launch control set up, which is RAD. Floor the throttle at the line and it builds boost with no load on the engine, so when I dump the clutch it leaves at full boost. Fun! Next thing is to get the traction control working so I don't have to immediately feather the throttle.
Basically, he looked like this the whole week:

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote