View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 09:32 AM   #14
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBB View Post
Couple things -
JSTs Model 3 is a Performance, which is slotted against the M3. But it isn’t as aggressively upgraded compared to the regular Model 3 as a 3er is to a M3...

As for road trips, we haven’t taken the 3 on one yet, but the longer range compared to our S (100 miles more) will mean shorter charging stops. In the S, we averaged 45 min on our stops to add about 100 miles (on average - although it’s the stops that needed 150+ miles were that really increased the average). With more range in the 3, we won’t need to stop as frequently, and it will charge faster since it can hold more energy before charging slows down significantly due to the taper.

In the S, our drive from Scottsdale to Disneyland took about 30 min longer than in ICE - 8 vs 7.5 hours. The 3 could do that drive in about the same time as an ICE...
8 hour road trip in a car I know you fly a lot so I would think you love driving long distances and have a passion for it.

As far as the model 3 being compared to an M3, I have never driven a Tesla but from what my friends have told me who have these are very bottom heavy cars obviously due to the batteries and I always thought of them as VERY fast but not good handling cars, kinda like the 550ix I had ... it was fast as sh*t but not a car I’d want to drive on the twisties. Is the Model 3 different ?
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote