Thread: G87 M2
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2021, 07:43 PM   #15
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post

When my son had his learner’s permit (15) he attended the two day teen school at the performance center. They were mostly in M235s or F30 335s. I highly recommend this school for any teen driver. FYI, paying parents receive 15% off if they are a BMW CCA member.
There is also the Tire Rack Street Survival School. They are hosted by a variety of clubs (BMWCCA, PCA, SCCA, etc). There's one coming up next month at Atlanta Motor Speedway. I've been meaning to get both of my kids to one.

https://streetsurvival.org/

Quote:
Originally Posted by lip277 View Post
I was about 17 when my dad started having me do deliveries (in a 4 ton flatbed). By 18 I was driving one of our 2000 gallon delivery trucks
Like this - just nicer - it was almost 40 years ago after all - lol

I also drove our new-ish Mercedes 300SD and Ford Country Squire wagon as well. I remember one time my dad's partner had me go to the bank driving his R107 Mercedes... now - THAT was nice!!!

For a current example - I am working with my 16 year old niece to let her drive the 997... with me along... both to let her know what driving a stick feels like - as well as show her a bit of confidence on how she is doing and that I trust her....

YMMV as always....
That is pretty awesome. The truck.

They livery is fantastic!

I've been trying to get my 17yo daughter to try driving the Camaro, but she's still afraid of it (and me, I guess).

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote