View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 05:43 AM   #15
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
I guess it also had to do with the timing. Even if you want to keep 3 to 4, do you want to buy 3 of them around the same time or sequence/stagger a bit? I would not even have time to go through manuals, set up nav/audio etc. for all of them. It would be hard for me to think about (at least seriously) ND's when there is a new turbo S and a trusted 987 in the garage.

I don't know what would replace the 987. For me, if for some reason my 981 went poof, I could see myself getting a 911 coupe (likely 991). If I wanted to continue the drop top, the ND would be at the top of my shopping list, if the drive and feel made the cut, I don't see why I would bother with porsche. Not that they are a bother but when an oil change is half a G and then you have to drive 40 minutes to that special shop etc.. I certainly see the appeal of Japanese ease and cost of maintenance (not to mention new price of purchase).

I think if someone put a gun to my head and said 'buy a new sports car', again the ND would be my first go-to, though I would have to see/feel the engine and chassis and accept that in some ways it may improve on the porsche and in others it would not measure up.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote