View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 12:06 AM   #13
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
I'll just ask this sort of personal question as we are a small friendly group... How many cars do you want at the same time?
I think you're asking quite a few questions. This is just the central part. The answer for me is "All of them." Well, not all of them, but I don't know if I can count as high as all the ones I would like to own...given limitless space to put them.

Where to put them is a limiting factor for me and many other people, but perhaps not everyone? Use cases or needs dictate a portion of it. I own five right now...four of them have different primary drivers and one is decorative in nature (and, possibly, becoming part of nature). I would add a pick up to in a heartbeat if I could figure out a way to make it work, but I can't. If someone gave me a free Blackwing (either kind), I would figure out a way to make it work. I'd also like a fully electric car in fleet.

Quote:
Can you actually enjoy more than three?
This is a totally different question. I think a car person can enjoy more than three at a time, but I'm not sure how many more than that. Depends on how much opportunity they have to drive them, in what circumstances, etc. In most cases for most car people that are attracted to different cars, the best path is one long term keeper and a bunch of short term samples.

Quote:
I feel like all of these additions exact a cost; a tax on audio systems/controls/handling, they all need to be kept up etc.
I don't understand this.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote