View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 11:52 PM   #12
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
Yes, Unless you are super wealthy, maintaining all those cars can become a burden (in time and money), just like maintaining multiple houses becomes. I do think—beyond two for one person—there’s a point of diminishing returns in enjoyment/utility.

There are times when I consider selling the 2, just to simplify life, cash in on its value, and open up garage space.
Yeah…….I cannot say it’s rational. And the limit for me personally is going to always be 3-4 because it’s my thing. It’s the one thing I’m passionate about. And yes, to your point, historically the cars are spread out across houses which solves the storage issue.

The ND is appealing because so much engineering has gone into it and it is reliable. I could not —for example -trust a preowned 3 series or 1 series to be used sparingly because in my experience, if they’re not driven regularly, they can be a disaster. But when we are talking about newer cars or Japanese cars, I have less anxiety about leaving them on a battery tender and firing right up and running smoothly after weeks of non-use.

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote