View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
JST

2013 Lightning Lap

Got the most recent issue of C/D yesterday. There were a couple of interesting tidbits from the Lightning Lap comparo--I don't have it in front of me, so I'm doing this from memory:

1. The 981S is no longer as fast as the Carrera S. The 911 is meaningfully quicker; something like 4 seconds (though, in fairness, it was the Cayman S that previously had exactly matched the 997S times). The 981S is as fast as the Boxster Spyder.

2. The LFA is slower than a 458, though query whether the 458 that C/D got was a massaged press car. Why anyone would buy an LFA remains beyond my comprehension.

3. The 1LE package for the Camaro sounds pretty impressive. Those magnetic dampers are magic. Too bad it doesn't make the car less ugly.

4. I have no interest in owning either an M5 or an M6.

5. The praise for the 335 is a bit mystifying in the context of their carping about that car previously.

6. The numbers for the Focus ST were a bit disappointing and surprising, even accepting their explanation of only getting one day of driving in it. But it sounds like it's a lot of fun to drive.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote