View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 11:51 AM   #17
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
I would buy the Spider before this car. But, I'm glad you're enjoying it!
Does the Spider offer anything over the ND2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumatt View Post
200 milliseconds? At 60 mph that is admittedly 17.2 feet, so I guess that's significant. But compared to the the human's overall reaction time it's so tiny.
Is it really that tiny? I thought I remember seeing or hearing human normal reaction time was about half a second, but Googling says the average human reaction time to visual stimulus is 0.25 seconds.

It's not just 17.2feet at 60mph, but the potential reduction of speed before an impact. Someone with stronger math skills than me can figure out if the speeds in this example work out, but if you're traveling at 60mph and the booster gets you down to 20mph before you hit something, that impact is likely to be much more survivable with less chance of injury, and less damage than if you were only down to 25mph.

But it sounds like they need to fix the mapping. Maybe one in every 10,000 brake applications do we wish we we had/used significantly more brake on initial application? 30,000? And we rarely intend for more than slight application at onset anyway.

There were some pretty unpleasant DBW throttles early on when they didn't have linear mappings (set aside off throttle/rev hang characteristics). Some are pretty good now. Some still suck.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote