View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 10:37 AM   #25
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
They should be significantly better than the stock halogens in terms of oncoming glare. Halogen reflectors don't really have a cutoff, whereas these have a very sharp cutoff. The only downside to these compared to something like a high-end BMW/Porsche factory-installed projector is it doesn't self-level. But most factory installations don't have that feature anyway.

I think they should align with the stock adjusters just fine, but there isn't a ton of clearance from the projector shroud to the plastic headlight housing lens so I may not be able to use the full adjustment range. Worst case I can shim the whole housing up to get them aimed.

The bro truck guys do one or all of of three things:

1) Install (illegal) LED light bars which have no cutoff and are usually mounted to the grille, so they're not aligned anyway
2) Install Xenon bulbs into their stock reflector housings, which again has no cutoff and only serves to blind oncoming drivers
3) Install aftermarket fog lights ("Off road driving lights") which again have no cutoff and only serve to blind oncoming drivers.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote