View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 02:34 AM   #2
lupinsea
Jeeped

Carmudgeonly Ride: Modified Jeep Tj and '07 Miata
Howdy howdy howdy!

We sorta went over the Dodge Demon a bit from a LeftLane News post a while a go. Sweet looking little car with great potential, especially if they come out wtih an SRT4 version (2600 lb. w/ 300 hp turbocharged 4 cyl). Bwa ha ha ha . . . Dodge did some good stuff with the Neon ACR program a while back. A buddy of mine had one and the handling was surprisingly good on that car. So, maybe they could get the handling dialed in on the Demon. That'd be nice, semi-cheap, high-hp, good handling roadster.

A refresh for others:

Dodge Demon

I, of course, am wondering what the hell is taking Mazda so long to come out with their Mazdaspeed Miata?! Pontiac has their 260 hp turbocharged Soltice GXP verson. Where's the MS MX-5? Grrr . . . My thinking is that Mazda needs to make them NOW so that I can get a cheap used verson in a number of years.

Unfortunately, while Mazda made a lot of upgrades to the Miata over all (the stiffer chassis and new z-folding top deisgn being my key areas) it sounds like the handling isn't as good as either NA or NB models. However, a basic spring / shock upgrade is said to cure this without too much fuss.

Last edited by lupinsea; 03-10-2007 at 02:46 AM.
lupinsea is offline   Reply With Quote