Thread: Dial 911
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 07:42 PM   #764
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Nice review! Glad you're enjoying it. I wonder if the convertible aspect is they key to making it feel less clinical than previous Porsches you'd driven?
I think the biggest improvement is the added torque of the turbo engine. It gives you that little kick in the can at lower RPMs without having to wind the car out. The Pirellis lack of grip also help, you can step it out at bit a low speeds without being dumb.

Quote:
Regarding the PCM/audio system, another odd thing I've notied about Porsches (atleast the ones i've tried) is that they dont have dedicated forward/back track buttons. There's a programmable "star" button that you can set to be next tack but that's it. I mean, if you're going to have steering wheel buttons- volume + next/previous should be minimum right? Anyway, just thought that was odd. Is there some obscure Porsche-specific reason for it?
True. Its wild that the multi-function steering wheel is a (hard to find) option in the first place and add to that in order to skip tracks from the wheel you either need to program the diamond, as you mentioned, or use the other scroll wheel to find the media screen, then select it, scroll down to the next track, select that and so on. On top of that, the little screen in the instrument cluster will only show songs in the order they were loaded on the media storage.
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3
Josh (PA) is online now   Reply With Quote