View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 08:34 PM   #94
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren View Post
Not necessarily (z06's) but yeah, pretty much.
89 Z51 had a good 20 year run. Remains to be seen if a C5 or C6 variant can match that.

Some people jump around cars in stock/street from boredom, too. If you can get three years of a car not being wrong for a class there, count yourself lucky. The RX8 was outclassed its first year, dominant for the next five and has continued being a contender for the past seven. Ironic that what's finally going to kill it after 12 years (ignore 2004) is the same car that may kill yours after 4(?).

SS and AS seem like they should be stable, but still a number of eligible cars to figure out on street tires. BS looks like a C5 class, but car's are coming that may upset that Apple cart. You know CS, but if the 986 S goes in, it could get interesting. Who knows about DS. ES, well, why? FS seems to change each year. GS has been ST the past three years and almost certainly will be again next year, but I wouldn't count on it holding on in 2018 at this point. HS, move along nothing to see there.

I think you see people stick in ST, SP and higher prep level classes longer because it takes longer to build the cars and car classing turnover is not nearly as constant and disruptive. Well, other than the ST classes anyway.

Can't believe they obsolete the twins in Street for next year.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote