Thread: Macan Turbo
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 08:48 AM   #2
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
I had customers in for a review yesterday and one of them has a Macan Turbo. He volunteered to drive between buildings so I got to ride in it.

Interesting car/truck. It felt pretty quick off the line, but didn't seem to have much top end. He gave it a quick blast up an entrance ramp to the highway and it leapt off the line but then got pretty wheezy. It makes farting noises on every shift. This seems to be a new thing that carmakers are interested in, and I simply don't understand it. I guess this thing has a V6, which doesn't sound great by itself, but the farting noises just ruin the experience. The BMW M2 does this as well. Who honestly likes the sound of that?

It rides really well. Easily as comfy as our CX-5 but clearly the Macan has higher cornering limits. I don't really understand the desire to have high cornering limits in an SUV, but as far as SUVs go the Macan is pretty low and relatively lithe, and without the typical bad ride associated with sporty BMW SUVs, it makes sense.

The interior quality seemed to be really nice. Typical Porsche-quality leather, suede/alcantara headliner and accents, nicely screwed together.

He offered to let me drive but I passed. Didn't seem like any upside could come from that

Did you offer to let him drive the RX-8 when it's back together?

Yes, the farting thing is weird. The Stelvio QV that I drove did the same thing, and it really was kind of embarrassing.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote