View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 09:37 AM   #9
kognito
older fart than ZBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
If you only expect to use 20k miles over three years, it's a more difficult call since there's a good chance you won't have to replace tires, but if you know the tires are shit and compromise your enjoyment, why spend all the money on the lease to begin with?

The point on range by JST and FC is well taken and I hadn't considered when I wrote something similar to above earlier today.
I have leased a few vehicles, and have usually ended the lease with 10-12K miles left on the clock, so yeah, it has not made sense to replace tires.

And sorry, my first post towards you now sounds much more of a wizeass post than I meant it to be. In the past 20 years, my Rabbit had the worst tires I have had on a new vehicle, but it was owned, and I had a lot of choices on replacement tires.

My 1999 A6 (2 year lease) had poor preforming tires, but they were an odd ball size, I just couldn't make myself spend 2K on tires for a car I was returning due to many reasons.

I have had my current leased truck a little over two years, usually by this point I am looking at what will replace it at lease end. But so far, I really like this truck, and still have many yard, truck worthy, projects around the house. If I felt I needed to replace these tires I would, because I still feel that at lease end I will keep this truck.