View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 12:19 PM   #1009
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
Thats a very cool story. E46s are awesome. I still remember the Roadfly rants *cough* TD *cough* about how much the E46 sucked compared to the E36... man the sky was falling back then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aziz Ansari

Now George Bush, George W. Bush made a speech after 9/11, and it really helped. Things changed. This what he said in his speech, and I’m paraphrasing slightly. He said, “Islam is peace. The perpetrators of these attacks, they don’t represent Islam. They represent war and violence. Our enemies are not our Muslim brothers and sisters. Our enemies are a network of radical terrorists.” And everyone applauded. Democrats, Republicans, it didn’t matter. Because it’s not about politics. It’s about basic human decency and remembering why the country was founded in the first place.

And I was sitting there and I’m watching this speech and I’m like, “What the hell has happened? I’m sitting here wistfully watching old George W. Bush speeches?” Just sitting there like, “What a leader he was!” Sixteen years ago, I was certain this dude was a dildo. Now, I’m sitting there like, “He guided us with his eloquence!”
JST is offline   Reply With Quote