View Single Post
Old 03-18-2006, 11:30 AM   #7
GregE_325
Confused

Carmudgeonly Ride: 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn / 2011 BMW 328iC
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD
Nice. Congrats!

Although I question how $31K could possibly be "$5K less than it was worth".

Are you telling me a 2 year old 325Ci is worth $36K? You can get a brand new, well-equipped 330i for under $40K. My 330i that's on currently on a ship has metallic paint, sport package, premium package, heated seats and sat radio prep. And it was just $39,990 including destination (MSRP >$42K). That's only $4K more.

I still think it's a great car for $31K. I just can't see anyone paying $36K.

Well, the car has been at the dealership the prior week listed at $36k. I've been looking at prices for used coupes (both CPO and plain-jane used), and it's surprising at how well the prices hold up. Heck, even Carmax is listing 3 and 4 year old coupes for mid and upper 20's. I guess a lot of it depends on the car's location and particular trim levels.

This is the first time I've bought a used BMW, but I really wanted a coupe and wasn't liking the spy photographs of the new 3 coupe. So when I found this one at what I thought was a pretty good price, I jumped on it. From the paperwork left in the car, someone at BMWNA took delivery of it in late March of last year. So I guess it's a decent deal for a car that's not quite a year old. I even still have 2 weeks left of BMW Assist! ha!!!!!!
GregE_325 is offline   Reply With Quote