View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 09:41 AM   #101
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
I need to fix what I wrote. The CPO is transferable once, it seems, private owner to private owner, filling out forms and paying $200... It doesn't just stay with the VIN anymore. It also stays if you trade in to a BMW dealer.

It is down from 6/100 to 5/unlimited. Given the low mileage I drive, this was a negative surprise. I did so little research, I found this out while signing the paperwork in the back office. I guess I thought I knew what CPO meant (having had three). I used to be an overly analytical sort. I guess I've changed, I'm finding humor in missing this. It might be less funny two years from now when the warranty is up...

CPO and maintenance have been de-contented. Apparently 2016's had 4/50 maintenance instead of the current 3/36 but that is not transferable either, so I don't even get one free service visit. Wah wah...

Otherwise, the car is fine. It's not "thrilling", but it doesn't annoy. It's along the lines of what I've driven for two decades so it feels like coming home after the Jeep & Macan forays. C likes it a lot. I'm not 100% sold on the LED headlights, I think xenons had just as good coverage if not better. Perhaps these are cheaper/more reliable.

Nitpicks:
* ride is not as luxo/smooth as the 5, even five years newer.
* interior plastics are harder. This is not a huge issue for me.
* I'd like to split steering weight and suspension firmness in the sport mode. Comfort has both soft. I'd really like steering always a bit firmer than it is in comfort and even sport is pretty light. Not terrible though. There are some rev-matches to get used to as well.

Positives:
* Gearbox is much smoother than the 535i. Much. Might be the smoothest MT BMW I've driven.
* General light, peppy feeling. The nose doesn't feel heavy or boaty or have a mind of its own.
* Option advantages over my 5: folding rear seats, HK stereo.
* Not many doodads tech in this spec. Nice old orange glow and basic instruments.
* Engine is very linear. Hardest to feel turbo lag ever.
* I do prefer it to the e90 (although it's been a while since I've had one or been in one). Just more comfortable interior.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XGtVjZn6eHJsFZep8

Does it rev match for you in sport mode on downshifts?
JST is offline   Reply With Quote