Thread: Oscar
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 12:16 PM   #13
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
Good luck! I'm planning to do NJ, but it will be a last minute decision for me. I wish the finger lakes and NJ dates were switched, but I want to do at least one national event this year.

Is Oscar ready for all of these events? I'm sure Kevin has been wrenching on it and knows how to fix things.
As someone else who has codriven with him said to me once, "he's good with a wrench," and that's very true.

Oscar, though,... My understanding is that when Oscar left the area a few years ago, he left in pretty good shape. Being an SP car, things break and maintenance is constant. After Shriv brought Oscar back in late 2019, you might have seen a million photos on vids over the next year that he posted on facebook with captions like, "Is this supposed to be like this?" To which the answer was always no.

By the time Shriv sold it to Kevin, he'd repaired just about everything he'd found and it sounds like he did a pretty good job. Kevin found a couple other things and addressed, but we're still not sure if there's anything less that needs to be unfucked. We figure we'll find out when we start breaking stuff.

To that end, as of 30 minutes ago, Oscar was getting some help so he can break things with more authority (and hopefully start and idle more reliably).

We should be ready.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oscar and peter.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	13387  

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote