View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 02:13 PM   #1509
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
Sizzle in this sense means hearing them on the road, not at the limit of adhesion. That's something you don't hear in a car with an engine, but it's pretty pronounced in a car without one.
So, it's something I should hear in the RAV4 Hybrid when the engine is off? I only hear the regular road noise thrum from tires on pavement plus windnoise.

I don't mean to belabor it, but I don't recall seeing anyone reference tire noise like this before and I haven't driven a full time EV, so I really don't get it.

Quote:
And honestly the acceleration in the Tesla *is* accessible, and usable, in a way that the similar power in the BMW isn't.
How usable is power that tries to put you in the ditch?

Quote:
That's one thing our electric future will give, at the same time it takes away things like loud noises and shifting. Maybe it's not a good trade, but it's not nothing.
This is not an Anti-Tesla or anti-EV thing. And I don't mean to suggest that one form is better than the other. I do believe that EVs will be capable of giving much more than they do today in terms of tradeoffs (whether consumer patterns and government regulations will allow them all is another matter) and I fully expect to be happy as a clam in the EV I eventually buy to replace the Camaro as my daily driver (or equivalent since I don't even daily that).

The lamenting and negativity is directed more at the facts that cars are so good today and we have to share the roads with so many people that don't share our driving enjoyment that there is such little opportunity to enjoy exercising the cars we have in really fun ways regardless of their means of propulsion.

I'm glad you got to enjoy yours this weekend.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote