View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 04:56 PM   #73
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
With patience, I can find another nice e46 or e91 in my price range. It won't be a blue 6sp M-Sport, but it will check all the boxes that we're looking for. A CX-5 or similar is another interesting option. I keep going down a LR Disco rabbit hole, as it would be different enough than everything else we had that it would fit a nice void, but my wife keeps saying I want another little wagon. The e46 is just such a nice experience, and has such a fun little soul. I really don't want to give that up on any car.
I know 2 people with LR Disco IIs (early 2000s). I get the sense that they are permanent "project cars" in the sense that something is always broken. Although one of my friends recently claimed that he finally got his car really "dialed in". Both of these guys always wanted Discos going back 20 years, and I think you probably have to be that type of person to really persevere/enjoy it. I think they look kinda cool but probably wouldn't have the patience for it. Plus coming from the cars you've had, an old Disco is going to feel super "trucky".
robg is offline   Reply With Quote