Thread: No more Camry
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 04:23 PM   #5
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
So yeah long story short. We were out yesterday and decided to take the Camry to the car wash for the first time in forever. (see how much we liked it.)

We were only out running some errands and decided to stop by the local Porsche dealer just for shits and giggles. Well we ended up taking home this 06 C55 they had on the lot.

Talk about out of the blue decisions. We saw it and the first thing that struck us was the odd fun color. Its weird in different lights. Some gray, some green, some hints of blue. Kind of cool and I had never seen it before. So we asked about it and got the keys.

Super clean inside and out. The inside esp looks like new. Has most everything. Nav, heated seats, Harmon Kardon, rear shade etc. Only one small crease in the drivers lower bolster. One owner trade in on a new loaded Caymen. A 63yo doctor apparently.

The outside has a scratch on the lower front apron from maybe a curb. Cant see it unless you look for it and maybe three small door dings the dentless guy can take care of. Not even any curb rash on the rims.

So I know, boring automatic Merc right.

Well then you start it and hear the 5.4 liter. Umm ok lets go for a test drive. To my surprise having never driven one, this thing has balls. The torque is addicting. The auto in manual mode is entertaining enough and the ride even came across as stiff. Who would have guessed for a Merc. Well sorted in the few cloverleafs I tackled.

So back to the dealer and 6 hours later the Camry was gone and this came home. The S.O. likes autos better so its a good fit. I actually enjoy driving it to so for and for the price we got it seemed like a no brainer.

One funny note. The S.O. turned had turned off the traction control and forgot. We were making a right into traffic at a red and at the point of pulling out got a little ambitious on the throttle. The tail came out and surprised us both. Freaky as shit at first but then we both laughed. It's definitely not the Camry and you don't have to floor it to merge. Esp with the TC off.

All for now. Very happy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(3).jpg
Views:	986
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	5140  Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(2).jpg
Views:	960
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	5141  Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(4).jpg
Views:	1025
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	5142  Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	1006
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	5143  

Last edited by Theo; 03-21-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote