View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 04:59 PM   #7
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA)
Be sure it fits. It says "all models except m3 lightweight". The only reason I suspect it wouldn't fit the lightweight would be the cross bracing which our convertibles also have. If you do get it, please post a review, I might be interested. FYI, I drove without an under panel on my old convertible for about 6months with no ill effects. I do agree it provides some protection to the pulleys and belts from road debris

Edit: after re-reading the add, there are some scary typos (not that I'm one to talk) I'd look for some online reviews prior to purchase
I am pretty sure I am getting it. I have been hearing about this product for some time. I think that site is a reseller and the typos belong to them.

I will post after I get it installed.

I had replaced ALL the conponets once before with all new pieces from Bav Auto. I can only think of one instance since then were I slightly bottomed out going up a steep driveway with four people in the car. If that DAM ****ing stock crap cant survive one slight instance like that then **** it, I am going aftermarket. Sorry for the rant, just kind of pissed at the car right now.

Not to mention that DAM O ring sqeek from the steering wheel that poped up again. I hate that noise.