Thread: ceramic coating
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 02:35 PM   #24
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I think of it like this, the car is as perfect as it is going to be, removing parts can only end up doing damage at the worst while at the best hopefully no damage is done.
The alternative is that damage will happen from regular use...and from just existing in the environment.

It sounds like you have two choices:
  1. You can take steps to protect against future damage with some small risk that doing so will incur immediate unintended damage.
  2. You can rely on the the undocumented standard feature no-cost invisible forcefield your car came with to protect it against the absolutely 100% certain damage your call would suffer from merely existing in this world if it did not have that fortuitous magical forcefield.

It's like everything else in life. Shit happens and things go wrong sometimes. If my choice is between a small cut in the paint on the hood at the edge of where some PPF was installed for the three years I own the car or a sandblasted front bumper after three years of ownership, I know what I'd rather have. Some people might have a different feeling, though. One of the big differences is that if I get a PPF install, it probably won't come with a free paint cut. OTOH, if I don't get a PPF install, it may not get sandblasted, but I know it will have plenty of chips.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote