View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 08:18 AM   #288
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
Yeah right.

Sorry, that deserves a more fulsome response. GM has been saying variations of this kind of bullshit for 20 years. I don't believe them. Until I see them a) roll out more than just an LG-designed and built econobox, and b) actually start building EV charging infrastructure, I am going to assume all of this is vaporware bullshit that will either never be built or will be rolled out in a shoddy fashion and then killed in their next strategic change of direction.
a) they're not targeting the high end and one would have to argue that their battery tech is measurably better than that of Tesla's, to date
b) there's not a huge need for EV infrastructure in their demographic --most people wouldn't use these cars to travel further than to/from work; they'd still have a gasoline powered automobile
c) vaporware is relative. if the Model 3 doesn't roll off of dealer lots for less than $55,000, do we call that vaporware because it was supposed to be $35,000?

I think this is for another thread, but I don't entirely agree with the Tesla-centric view of the world.

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote