Thread: Fire Sale...
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 10:59 PM   #23
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff View Post
I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on the '14. The experience with our 08 4Runner was equally favorable. Quite literally, oil + gas + a new set of tires was all that it required in 65,000 miles of driving. Pretty ridiculous, when you think about it. Then we traded it in for about $5K less than we paid for it brand new (seriously), which baffled me. Sans the S2000, and all things considered, that was the best ownership experience that I've had.

Anyhow, the only thing that keeps me from seriously considering the new 4Runner as a future replacement for my wife's primary vehicle, is the lack of a V8 option. 4500 lbs seems like a lot of weight for a V6 to pull around. Though I assume it must be at least adequate, or you probably wouldn't have bought one.

ff, given what I paid for it new and what the buyer is purchasing it for nearly 7 years later, the loss is not substantial. No brainer not to purchase another one.

BTW, my '07 4R has the V6, I have never had any issues with towing & etc. A relative has an '05 V8. I have driven it multiple times, I am not impressed. Simply put, Meh... The V6 is enough.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote