Thread: Fire Sale...
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 09:37 PM   #22
ff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
'14 4Runner. As much as everyone bashes Toyota on the 'Mudge' my experience with Toyota over the past eight years has far exceeded any ownership experience I have had with BMW or Honda (Acura). The vehicle has only required gas and oil/filter changes ($45 @ the dealer) in 8 years. It gets me to point A & B and then back. The driving experience is moot... it is 'basic' transportation.
I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on the '14. The experience with our 08 4Runner was equally favorable. Quite literally, oil + gas + a new set of tires was all that it required in 65,000 miles of driving. Pretty ridiculous, when you think about it. Then we traded it in for about $5K less than we paid for it brand new (seriously), which baffled me. Sans the S2000, and all things considered, that was the best ownership experience that I've had.

Anyhow, the only thing that keeps me from seriously considering the new 4Runner as a future replacement for my wife's primary vehicle, is the lack of a V8 option. 4500 lbs seems like a lot of weight for a V6 to pull around. Though I assume it must be at least adequate, or you probably wouldn't have bought one.
ff is offline   Reply With Quote