View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
Biggins
Crotchety

Carmudgeonly Ride: 22 Tiguan, 11 328i
Hot Molten Lava Toyobaru

After months of waiting, I purchased my first new car. I have not stopped smiling all day!

I went with the Hot Lava Scion FR-S 6MT. I'm still on the first-day high of driving it (though following the break-in guide), but I think it is outstanding. I'm RELIEVED that I did not pull the trigger on the Solstice or MX-5 a few months ago. I know you all have read the positive reviews on the Toyobaru, and I completely agree.

Fast is a relative term, but it feels VERY fast to me (remember my car history consists of only a Civic non-vtec and a 318i automatic). I LOVE the small steering wheel and the seats. I'm still getting used to driving a manual in traffic; the clutch feels a little light and it seemed tough to get it into 3rd gear a few times. The "Prius" tires feel fine for now, but I'm sure I'll switch them out someday.

Also, many friends stopped by for a test ride. No one except my mother (5'1" ~95lbs.) could "comfortably" fit in the back seat. I plan to just fold it flat and figure out something for hauling the dog. I know I'm never going to want to drive the 318i anymore. I'll get some better photos tomorrow, but here is a terrible one I snapped this evening. I'll report back with more impressions once I get more miles under me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PTDC0019.JPG
Views:	877
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	7635  
Biggins is offline   Reply With Quote