View Single Post
Old 11-19-2021, 02:33 PM   #32
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Josh, I am interested in hearing how you feel in a few months on this and how you feel the PPF has held up. Does PPF become just one more thing to worry about from scuffing up ? I have been down the same exact road as you with being behind a dump truck and I remember the R8 went from having one paint chip on the entire car to having over 40 of them .. it was horrible.

In that case I would have loved having the PPF but then if you think about it now I have the same chips but in the PPF (and possibly some that made it through) and now I get to spend another $2,500 having to redo the PPF or maybe more if they charge extra for removing the existing PPF.
You could say I would have spent that on repainting the hood but then I would be into the Hood for a total of $5,000 (2 PPF's) ... overall though I would have been ok with it being the hood wouldn't have had the chips then.
Some of the PPFs are self-healing. Many nicks that are initially visible wind up disappearing once it's in the sun for a little bit. It's not perfect, not everything will heal or heal completely, but it's pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
Installer is key…
This. Very much this.

Quote:
You are truly over thinking it, but I get it as I am rather OCD in regards to my autos.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
Some spot’s are so intricate that it will require few extra pieces and cannot be done with one full piece. Example the bottom of my front bumper where there are three cut out’s, those had to be done each one.
This also depends on the installer. Some are better at using a single piece where you wouldn't think they could, and some are worse at trying to force something that doesn't work. When cutting multiple pieces, there's also skill at choosing where to make the cuts and what pieces. When a really good installer does it, it can be really hard to impossible to find the edges without removing it. This is also part of what makes installation so expensive. It takes time and skill.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote