View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 07:03 PM   #57
Jeff_DML
Old Fart

Carmudgeonly Ride: T4R,GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwg View Post
I always did much better in the snow with dsc off. Fwiw. (That was the 330 - the V never saw snow unless it experienced it during manufacturing and on the trip out here).

Jeff, I went to Brecht in Escondido and I have to say, it was a really decent experience. The dealer is close to my house. I paid $1250 over invoice (it was $1500, but when I objected to the $500 maco/advertising fee when it came up, they split the difference). I expect the dealer to make something . . . it's possible I could have got them lower, but then I wouldn't get floor mats included. Regardless, there are no hidden fees once we discussed how I didn't consider the Maco fee part of an invoice price, no acquisition fees, no dealer prep fees . . . none of the B.S. I have seen other places.

I compared prices at BMW of San Diego. THat dealer is close to my office. They wouldn't come close to the price, wouldn't give me a hard number b/c I told them up front I would have to talk to my wife (who planned to come that day, but had a really bad short term flu) and wouldn't sign that day, generally left a car dealer type slimy feel on my skin - sort of like a chevy dealer or toyota dealer high volume kind of feel. Their "acquisition fee" was $825 and they claimed they had to pay that to someone or another so it wasn't negotiable. I was surprised to say the least.

If I wasn't happy with Brecht, I would have tried Cunningham in El Cajon. It's a hike, but I remember being impressed with them during my e36 M3 search.

I haven't tried out the new service center at Brecht yet, but after they got the MINI dealer going, they were trying to service sales of 300 cars/month in a service area that was designed for 50/month. They built a new off site state of the art service center with an entire roof of storage parking . . . it's much nicer. Hopefully I will continue to be as pleased with them in the future. They were always fair with the M3 warranty (both manufacturer warranty and CPO).
thanks for the info

we bought our wagon from Brecht, I liked the dealership(especially since they sponser SD bmwcca events) even thouth our salewoman ended up being a biattch(she is gone nowadays, thank god). Last time I went there they where adding lowjack or something to all the cars and added that to the sticker? guess you dont have to worrry about that since you are ordering it. Still thinking of trying cunningham for my next Car, if I try brecht I might pm you for your salesman.

We got it serviced there, had no problems with them. They even did tech inspections for me for track events My only complaint is they said our clucth was in spec everytime I took it there eventhough it feels messed up.
Jeff_DML is online now   Reply With Quote