Thread: Chevy Colorado
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 07:28 AM   #62
rumatt
Mugwump

Carmudgeonly Ride: E46 330i, Chevy Colorado, Tesla Model 3
Yeah, that was the logic.

Other things

- driving it is surprisingly fun. The steering is nice and the truck gives you a sense of over-confidence when driving through corners. The stability control manages the back end nicely. Turn it off and you're reminded of what snap-oversteer is

- the ride is rough on bumpy stuff, but it's really nice to no longer be worried that I'm going to get a flat or dent a rim so I just plow onward. So far I'm digging it.

- the seats are pretty terrible. I think I picked the lesser of 2 evils by getting leather. They don't have the weird doughnut bolster that makes your legs fall asleep, so they're quite comfortable until you turn.. But the lack of bolstering is pretty damn annoying because you're flopping side to side in turns.

- the build quality is laughable. Some plastic pieces move when you touch them and/or have major coloring defects. The rear bumper is visibly crooked. If I don't slam the rear door I get an intermittent "driver door open" warning. I was prepared for this, but yeah.

- the epa 24 mpg city rating can easily be obtained by finding a flat road and driving the speed limit. If you have hills or drive fast it drops. I do a mix of highway and city driving and my OBC says 19.4 mph since new. I'm told it lies but I'm not going to measure it manually. Lie to me and make me feel good, baby.

- unlike BMWs which over-estimate your speed, the Colorado consistently reports 1 mph less than waze at highway speeds.

Last edited by rumatt; 04-16-2018 at 07:40 AM.
rumatt is offline   Reply With Quote