View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 11:39 PM   #3
JST

To elaborate:

Adoption of EVs has not been “held back” by Tesla’s decision to adopt a proprietary charging standard and build its own infrastructure. It’s been massively accelerated by that decision.

The problems with Tesla charging are, in my experience, *massively* overstated.

I’ve now owned an EV for nearly six years. Have there been times where I’ve decided to drive my ICE car on a trip because of charging concerns? Yes. Two.

There have also been numerous occasions where I’ve decided to take my EV on a trip because of its advantages over ICE cars. Take last week, for example—the Tesla fit 5 ppl and luggage. The BMW wouldn’t have.

Also, driving the BMW the last couple of weeks really underlined for me just how primitive ICE cars feel after you’ve gotten used to EVs. It’s fun, in an “I make my own artisanal cocktails” kind of way, but in day to day driving it’s more work to go slower. And I have to get gas, which sucks.

I honestly don’t understand why the NYT hates Tesla as much as they do, but that article is another in a long line of articles that just seem aimed at accentuating the negative and completely ignoring the positives. I don’t get it.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote