View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 09:31 AM   #471
rumatt
Mugwump

Carmudgeonly Ride: E46 330i, Chevy Colorado, Tesla Model 3
I haven't figured any of that out yet.

I'm skeptical of the taped-on license plate. If that stays on for 5 years then you remove it, will it really look OK? I don't see how it wouldn't leave a clear outline of where the plate was and look like shit. In which case it's no better than drilling. So I might get the to hook thingy. Then again I don't know that I care.

For power, I have to call an electrician. I have a 240 in-wall electric heater in the garage. I think this means they should be able to use that breaker and replace it with a 14-50 outlet. I'll ask them to put in a toggle so I can still use the heater when not charging the car.

You charged your S exclusively on 120? How many miles/hour did you get when charging? I'm hoping to get high enough that I can do the vast majority of my charging between midnight and 7am when my electricity is cheap. All in its about $0.09 / kwh during that time.

EDIT: It looks like my wall heater is on a breaker that is 60 amps. According to this table it means I can charge at 44 mph so I can do a full charge in 7 hours. But it's not compatible with a 14-50 outlet.

Last edited by rumatt; 08-18-2018 at 09:52 AM.
rumatt is offline   Reply With Quote