Thread: Panamera?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 12:41 PM   #35
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M3 View Post
I find it incredibly stressful to drive smoothly when I can't lift off the throttle without the car braking hard. It was fine driving aggressively, not fine trying to drive smoothly.
If its just me in the car, I really enjoy the quick response afforded by one pedal driving especiallly in city driving. To me, it gives me that same feeling of control as being in a lower gear in a manual trans car. But, if I have passengers, it does require more concentration to drive smoothly and makes it less fun as a result. Fortunately, I think all cars that offer one-pedal driving also offer the ability to toggle it on or off. Some cars (like the Ioniq5) offer the ablity to select from multiple regen levels by using paddles on the steering wheel. To me, this is the best solution -- still scratching my head as to why Porsche didn't do this on the Taycan. Granted, my experience driving EVs is limited to the occasional rental, loaner, etc so I imagine that with more practice it would become second nature to drive smoothly in high regen mode without even trying.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote