View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 10:39 AM   #19
Biggins
Crotchety

Carmudgeonly Ride: 22 Tiguan, 11 328i
What will you get out of it that you need right now vs. a few months/year from now?

If it were me, I'd keep it for at least another few months or until the next registration bill comes. By then, you will have an idea if you can go without it and just get a gauge on how much you're actually driving it.

I'm in the same predicament with my old '99 CR-V, but your MS3 is a lot cooler and has at least some value and doesn't need check engine lights cleared every month or so... My wife got her new CR-V in November, and we kept the old one as a winter beater. It's now mid summer and can't bring ourselves to get rid of it for those odd times we might need it. I felt like we've used it a lot for hauling random crap and my father-in-law borrowed it a couple times. When I looked at the odometer, the reality is that we've put less than 500 miles on it since Christmas... but it's a third car and it doesn't hurt to have alternatives. I'd say keep an eye on the odometer to see how much you are actually driving it. If it's more than a couple thousand miles per year, there's no way I'd get rid of it.
Biggins is offline   Reply With Quote