View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 10:46 PM   #7
ARCHER
Crotchety

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren
You could always buy a cheap used Jeep, mod it, and keep the M3.
Actually, I can buy new for a song with the "employee discount." I have two dealers on the line, peddling their wares - one in light khaki and one in black - both manual of course. The one I drove today was a slushie but everything else felt good. I drove a 4.0 Wrangler Sport in manny guise and the gearbox felt pretty decent.

I would love to keep the M3 but my interests have changed as of late. If I had access to a track, things would be different. But the kids are getting old enough to start taking serious family outings and I am closer to mountains than to tracks - kind of tough to take kids with me there anyway. I'd get open-air motoring with the kids in tow.

As for the disco - what I'd want to do with it is rather extreme, not to mention expensive, and my wife is not exactly cool with that. Cutting body panels and all... (http://www.safarigard.com/) The silver '03 Discovery II under SG projects. I guess if I wanted to be really pretentious, I'd trailer the Rubicon to the mountains via the disco.

Compared to the M3, it is obviously a slug on pavement .