View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 04:50 PM   #22
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Great write up.

I can't say I disagree, other than to say without an EV to actively compare and contrast, you don't notice the difference as much. I was close to punting on the M3 and waiting for a Model 3, but at the time I had to make the call it (the one I would want) wasn't officially out.

I have no regrets about the M3. I love it. Maybe I am, in effect, covering my ears while I speak of how awesome my M3 is, but if it is my last experience buying a new, great ICE car, so be it. I knew and mentioned when I was ordering the M3 that it would likely be my last new ICE purchase. That seems more and more the case.

The M3 purchase for me was more than just the car. It was a great family trip, memories, and scratching the itch of having an M3. I also think the car looks amazing, and while sleek and cool, the Teslas in general don't do much for me visually (in or out).

Soon enough the ICE vs EV choice won't (at least in practice from the performance perspective) exist anymore, so I am enjoying this last experience along with our boys.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote