View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 02:00 PM   #18
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_DML View Post
Motortrend said this all-terrain has killed off the e wagon for the states. Not sure if that includes the AMG version too.
Good point about the AMG version- Im guessing it will be exempted from the all terrain treatment.

I've always been a bit lukewarm about the looks of the current E class (and its interior). The all terrain treatment does it no favors. Now that Audi offers the A6 Allroad again, I'd just go with that in this segment. Better looking and better interior. Another pet peeve I have is that its very hard to find an E class wagon (even one with a high MSRP) that has leather instead of MBTex. I find all forms of synthetic leather make my back sweat. Of course you can custom order them, but for a while there were great deals to be had on leftover ones (i briefly flirted with the idea).

People who love these things really love them though. Friends of ours bought on a couple years ago and wouldn't consider anything else. As do all journalists. I wonder if in an attempt to broaden the appeal to include crossover shoppers, they'll alienate their traditional clientele. One of the rationales i've heard for why they continued importing it to the US (despite low sales) is that E wagon buyers are their highest income buyers.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote