View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 06:39 AM   #782
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBB View Post
Acceleration felt great and nice and smooth. The D is software limited (someone took delivery of a P without performance upgrades, but it didn't have the labeling on it, and Tesla did a config change remotely to turn on P!) -- but I can't tell.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was totaled… I do not want a repaired car with the type of damage it took. If its not, i'm going to insist that the battery and entire rear drive train gets inspected. I don't want any risk of damage to any cells. The car was hit in the drivers side rear wheel and the was pushed off the road -- the left rear axel is bent, and could have messed up the motor (or at lease the reduction gears). The passenger side may have also been torqued when the car was pushed off the road (there was grass on the rear bumper…)

If its not totaled, I'll probably place an order anyway and then trade/sell the 3 after its repaired and pursue a diminished value claim (which the sale will help document)...
I’d be surprised if it isn’t totaled though i’m basing this on the car costing around $50k so I could be completely wrong if this is a much more expensive car

If it isn’t totaled which I think is unlikely I would consider taking the money from the insurance company and sell the vehicle to a salvage yard as is, repairing it and then selling it is not a good idea ...
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote