View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 01:50 PM   #22
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
I think he can't get over the steering. But that may be the only option out there in the near future.
I keep forgetting any of these exist with a manual. It would be an option if I could find one with the spec I'd want. I've read that the new M3 will go back to being a soft top 'vert and there will be a "pure" option that is rwd and a manual. I'm fine paying more for the option of a manual, I wish more car makers would adopt this direction. I also wish they'd see it as a sports oriented option i/o a cost reducer and just put it on the larger engine choice. I do not think the Z4 offers it at all, but I've read that it *might* be available only on the 2.0T, not no the B58. Thats just dumb.

We have a couple of automatics in the e46 and x5. I don't mind not having a stick in those cars, but I really want one in my fun car. I also really want my fun car to be a regular use vehicle. I struggle with the idea of an occasional use car. The X5 implementation IMHO is markedly worse than the E46. It takes forever to lock up when leaving from a stop, so it either revs and jerks or just crawls off the line until 5mph.

I've never got comfortable using paddles, they do nothing for me in bridging the gap between no shifting and manual shifting.
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3

Last edited by Josh (PA); 05-30-2019 at 02:03 PM.
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote