View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #662
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBB View Post
I stopped by Tesla's new service center in Scottsdale yesterday. Needed them to check the alignment -- the car is veering slightly right when the steering wheel is held straight. The center manager verified on a quick drive and I scheduled an appointment for early Jan.

Interestingly, while driving the car he mentioned that they'll need to replace the drive unit (i.e. the motor...) since mine is making a whine sound that indicates a defect (and I hadn't really noticed it -- I thought it was a normal sound and its not really that loud). Its not urgent -- and he recommended waiting a couple months to do it during the annual service in another ~4k miles. Apparently Tesla is getting ready to put the 3rd gen version of the unit into production that will correct the defect -- so waiting a couple months will make sure I get the newest.

Additionally, the 2nd AZ Supercharger is confirmed under construction in Flagstaff and someone posted pics. Right at the interchange between I-40 and I-17. Based on the pics, it should be complete in the next 2 weeks. Looks like we'll be taking the Tesla to the Grand Canyon in Feb!
Sounds like the edmunds long termer also had an issue with going out of alignment (though it was w/ the rear supsension):
http://www.edmunds.com/tesla/model-s...alignment.html
robg is offline   Reply With Quote