View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 07:38 AM   #29
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
I spent some time thinking about this today and am pretty much reaching the same conclusion.

- Once again I will be ruling out the 997S. Extra power is nice and the refinement too (sometimes), but the handling give up is not worth it. I will continue mid-engine.

- I'll keep thinking about the boxster. I did enjoy it more than expected. There is a near perfect spec near me but the color is blah... They're not unreal expensive to order. I could always order one in right color and spec (for less than what a low mileage 997S goes for). I don't like how they look/feel with the top up so much.

- The gen2 update is significant (imho) and I really would like lumbar support. However, there is no rush...
Certianly no rush for anything top down. I'm even waiting until January to order the M3C--despite the fact that it's a hardtop convertible. Don't want to deal with garage/winter wheels until next season.

I'd also vote that you order a car exactly to your spec, it's always a more satisfying owner experience.
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote