View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 07:16 PM   #44
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
I never was a big fan of the original M6 but this one is really nice. I love the color.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-bmw-m6-4/

Edit: In the going through the gears attached video is that clutch slippage or does that guy just not know how to drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAT comments
MikeA (The Seller) 559
Ah… the video. You know I really fretted about whether to post that. I am a nearly 50 year old man who so doesn’t drive the car hard. Yet, what I have seen repeatedly in postings about the M6 here over the last few years are that people wonder if it’s “slow” compared to modern vehicles. I would disagree with that assessment. So I took it out with my teen daughter in the back seat filming and did a few 0-80MPH runs on an empty road and really got after it a bit. I can guarantee it is not the clutch slipping but just me revving the car hard as I shift. Not a healthy driving style to say the least. I appreciate that without knowing me, and how I typically drive the car, perhaps it was a mistake to post. I am happy to do whatever I need to do to ensure you all know that the clutch is fine. Perfect in fact. I have been overly rigorous about maintenance. Anything that has needed to be done (and a whole lot that hasn’t) has been taken care of. What can I do to make you all feel good about that?
First comment was about the clutch and that's how the seller responded.i like a lot of the things they do with auctions at BAT, but wish they did a better job of highlighting seller comments.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote