View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 12:39 PM   #530
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
We'll never agree on looks. You hate tall/dorky cars, e.g. e82 1-series or the 1M.

Nothing is as bad as the Model X, that's an abomination that no falcon wing can fix. Model S is not appealing to me, but it doesn't bother me. The Model 3 would be cool, but the mouthless front is jarring in a way the Model S front isn't. I'm also not that into the iPad on four wheels general design concept. The i3, that I had on an extended test drive, was very different. However, it's $45k price point is way off. The used market shows that.

Our driving situations are different as well. I live on a narrow street where a JGC or a 5-series is about as big a car as anyone can possibly handle or park. Boxy, high-visibility designs work much better than swoopy lower ones.
I'm sure if I lived in a city my car choices would be much different.

I'm sort of getting used to the mouthless front end of the Model 3, what I can't get used to is the stubby tail / hump back look of the thing. The Model X is much worse, but the 3 isn't a pretty car.

And agreed, for $45k the i3 is a joke. You have to really want to make a statement to pay that much
John V is offline   Reply With Quote