View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 12:19 PM   #49
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
With the latest system you can just click the voice button on the steering wheel and say "navigate to [whatever]". Just like with Google maps /Siri you don't need to say the full address and you could also just say the name of a restaurant or whatever it is your're looking for. It seemed to get it right 100% of the time, doesnt' ask for confirmation and immediately starts guidance (again similar to how your phone works but better since it will also work without cell service and the voice recognition seemed faster/more accurate). Worlds better than what you experienced in 2012.
The car was a 2012. My experience was based in 2015. I guess it's been updated since then, which is good. Does BMW still make you pay for map updates, or do they have the capability to update them over the air?

Quote:
It had real-time traffic that was accurate in the limited time i had it. Another nice thing is that the directions are shown right in front of you in the cluster (again, better than dealing w/ a phone suction cupped to the window or propped precariously in the center console or cupholder).
Suction cupped to the window? Propped in the console / cupholder? No.

http://proclipusa.com/

edit to correct link because my copy paste skills fail.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote