Thread: Dial 911
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 04:07 PM   #838
Alan
Carmudgeon

I think if going base definitely go for the 991.2, the base from what I have read is faster than the 991.1S and Josh is completely right, no doubt the updated PCM gives a more updated feel to the interior and I really like the way they updated the exterior, it just makes the car look newer.

I drove a 991.2 S that Josh was looking at (not the one he purchased) and it is an incredible car ... I really liked it a lot !! I found the clutch on the lighter side though that is not a bad thing, just a note of some difference and the steering is nicely improved.

I just happen to drive my 991.1S today and I still will say winding the car out is intoxicating ... I had my son in the car because we had to pick up his 340 from service and he just had a huge grin on his face listening to the engine wind out and damn it really is fast

His words ... Dad the the Cayman is nice but this car is an animal (He drives the Cayman but hasn't driven the 991 in at least a year) so he does know both cars.

Just also adding I do have the Fidelity warranty on mine and had the same one on the R8, I see no difference over the factory warranty on either car though I have had VERY little issues with the 911 ... mine was the first batch of manuals Porsche offered at the introduction of the 991 and the car has been extremely reliable.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote