View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 11:45 PM   #2
Sharp11
Vicarious Twitterer

Carmudgeonly Ride: 06 330 cic ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by armaq View Post
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto...ndustry/35708/

So that means we in the US might be able to buy a Bertone-built TVR with a Ricardo assembled Speed Six. SWEET!!

I love the Sagaris. Not the looks (although there's nothing wrong with it, for what it is), but the idea of a lightweight minimalism sports car with no BS electronics and a 400hp straight-6 sounds like heaven.

I hope they tone the exterior down a bit, get rid of the fake fender vents and the spoiler, but keep the basic shape. I've seen one in London, the lines reminded me of the 250GTO. The US car will probably get stuff like airbags, ABS and other things a sane car would have, but it's still not likely to weigh more than 3000lbs.

Would you guys consider something like that for under $80k?
I've always been intrigued by the TVR brand, I especially like how they're (were?) hand-made and feature high grade leathers and beautifully machined metals inside. The TVR's I've read up on had virtually no plastics in the interior.

Things aren't looking so good for them though, they've gone through a bad cycle with a young Russian owner and one wonders if the Britishness of the car will remain intact - let's hope they still build 'em the same way and people will buy enough of them.

Ed
Sharp11 is offline   Reply With Quote