View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 01:56 PM   #35
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M3 View Post
Yeah, which just begs the question of why the hell you'd buy a GL/Q7 instead of a Suburban?
The Suburban is huge, it is definitely the next size up compared to the GL (almost 2 feet bigger). I like the Suburban and have taken a few road trips with them and they are really comfortable driving vehicles but it is really IMO in a different category than the other two vehicles.

I know you don't like the GL's but I've got to tell you, having 3 of them in the past they are really great vehicles for the family and the snob factor doesn't hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate View Post
I have not driven a Q7 but I've driven Q3s and Q5s. Garbage.
Have you driven the redesigned 2018 Q5 ? It is really great, much better then the previous generation ... great power, really nice handling, beautiful interior, etc. I've had a few of them as loaners and always walk away impressed.

I've also driven my brother 2018 SQ5 ... now that thing is fun ... for an SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach View Post

Edit: one point in favor of the GL is that you can get it with real engines, not this 300+hp nonsense from Audi.
Mercedes did make one mistake and they got rid of the 8 Cylinder in the GLS450. Even though they say the 6 Cylinder is just as good if not better I always liked the feel and sound of the 8.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote